Well, the results are in for Fit February and I’m pretty happy with things overall and I’m feeling good as Muscle March starts. But first, a quick update on the last week of my life to keep up a practice I talked about a couple weeks ago. Here is the intimate and mundane from my life, and I would love to hear about yours as well so that we can stay connected beyond the drive-by posts of Facebook. (Contact info below for anonymous or non-anonymous messages).
- I was able to get to the gym three times in the last week, which is my goal… so that’s nice
- My D&D character was almost knocked out while a dragon and giant fought. I ran away and made it to safety because I had no interest in being slaughtered. I also came clean with my group about why a former party member tried to assassinate me. I found some new armor that beefed up my AC.
- I started ruck marching again this week and I love it. My body hurts so good.
- I bought the Harry Potter board game and am itching to play it.
- After a pretty busy work week last week I decided to take a solid weekend off. My partner and I rode our bikes to the beach, walked around, and then went over to the birthday party for a local beer shop. Then we went home, took some MDMA, and rolled the night away.
- I basically just slept and watched 14 episodes of Grey’s Anatomy on Wednesday
- I am going to see a therapist for the first time in years next Monday, and I’m kind of terrified
- I completed another 42-hour fast this week, which was pretty nice
- My partner and I are in the process of buying a house and things are looking good. They accepted our offer and we have a couple inspections scheduled for today, fingers crossed that it goes well. Right now the only hiccup is the bank may require a marriage license from us, which we don’t have because we don’t believe the government has any place in our marriage. Not really sure how we’re going to handle this if the bank says they won’t approve our loan without one.
- I’m currently reading “Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock, Monster Movies, and the Truth About Reality”, “Psychedelic Medicine: The Healing Power of LSD, MDMA, Psilocybin, and Ayahuasca”, “Deep Work”, and slowly working through “Getting Bi”.
So, in the fitness realm, I am doing pretty well on my path towards health. My weight has been following a downward trendline, even though it fluctuates up and down. In total, I’m down about 15 lbs (probably 4-5 was water weight) and 2.25 inches off my waist. I’m on a pretty healthy 2-3 lbs weight loss per week. If things keep up I will be pretty close to my comfort weight of 160 lbs in early or mid-April.
Some other fun facts about the last month:
- Average daily steps: 13,258
- Lowest daily step count: 5,341
- Highest daily step count: 32,268 (unsurprisingly, this was when rolling)
- Average kcals consumed: 1,540
- Lowest daily kcals: 0 (twice during two fasts)
- Most daily kcals: 3,082
- Gym Days: 13
- Yoga Days: 9
- Total Miles Run: 67.5
- Average Run Length: 3.75 miles
- Shortest Run: 1 mile
- Longest Run: 10 miles
- Total Miles Rucked: 7
- Total Miles Biked: 52.5
- Average Daily Fast: 19.28 hours
- Shortest Daily Fast: 14 hours
- Longest Daily Fast: 42 hours
Okay, here are the pictures comparing pre-training, week 2, and week 4. The biggest change I notice is definitely slimming down. I’m also starting to see some back/shoulder definition and my chest looks more prominent in the profile picture. I’m still a ways away from my fitness goals (can they ever be attained?) but I’m happy with the progress and I’m proud of how mentally strong I’ve been. Overall, these pictures, tracking my progress, and daily affirmations continue to motivate me to keep pressing on during difficult days. (Bonus! Check out my sweet Microsoft Paint Skills!)
Wanna stay in touch? Got a question for me? Want to tell me why I’m wrong and are curious how I got everything so backward? Have an idea for a blog post? Drunk and wanna send me a snapchat? Wanna become penpals and send each other letters in the mail about life in general?
Feel free to reach out at any of the ways below while I take a Facebook break!
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: pneiger.sarahah.com or www.surveymonkey.com/r/XYRDXHH
Also, I wrote a book about a cross-country bicycle ride I did!
“Wandering Oak: A Rite of Passage”